Barrie Pride exists to promote equity and inclusion for all 2SLGBTQIA+ in our community by creating safe and fun experiences, while educating our allies and advocating justice for 2SLGBTQIA+.
Our Vision is equity and acceptance as who we are.
Barrie Pride will achieve this vision through 2SLGBTQIA+ education and advocacy events, building community partnerships and collaborating in charitable efforts that support us all. In 2023 we will analyze ten years of internal operational data and community experiences to streamline and re-integrate our core values with current social endeavors.
If you are interested in helping with the design and research of a grassroots, volunteer led, equity based group in the community please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved today.
1. Equity – the state of being fair and impartial, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
2. Justice – a concern for justice, peace, and genuine respect for people.
3. Integrity – the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
4. Progress – the advance or development toward a better, more complete, or more modern condition.
5. Empathy – the ability to understand and sympathize with the feelings of others; fellowship and togetherness.